Happy January! Although it feels more like spring here on the east coast of the U.S. But we've been assured winter weather is own it's way and with that wintry climate comes the need to stay inside with hot chocolate and a good book. And maybe a little contest fun online.
NEWS first: The contract has been signed and the cover art is finished so I can officially announce I will have a new fantasy romance novella called THE HERON'S CALL out from Samhain Publishing soon. The tentative release date is February 20th, but I'll post more when I have final dates. THE HERON'S CALL is set in the same mythical world as my short story, Kellyn's Sacrifce, so for a sneak peak be sure not to miss this short. The two tales are related as well, but I won't say more and risk a spoiler. This novella will be published first as an e-book and then later in paperback as part of a three author anthology called THE GLOAMING.
The brilliant author, Lacey Savage, has been kind enough to feature my Ellora's Cave Wild Winter Quickie CHRISTMAS HELP HER in her December newsletter. In her next issue, she will have a short interview with yours truly. For those of you interested in how I might finish this sentence: "If you looked in my nightstand, you'd find..." or this one: "A man's sexiest body part is...", go to Lacey's newsletter this month.
Still waiting for the final release date for SUM3. I'll let you know as soon as I have it. If you want the information before it's announced on the website (as well as receiving sneak previews of the contest Quotes) please join my newsletter by sending me an email request.
NOW THE CONTEST: For this months Movie Madness Contest, I'm going to use quotes from Romantic Comedy movies. We all love romance, after all. And in the middle of a cold and dreary January, you need to be able to laugh. This contest will only last three weeks, but that still gives you 3 chances to win a weekly prize and a possible 3 entries in the Grand Prize Drawing.
I'll post a new Quote each Monday morning (starting today). To enter, just send me an email with the Title of the Movie, your name and your email address. If the quote is proving tough, I'll post a clue on Friday.
This is an absolute classic of the Romantic Comedy genre. Enjoy!
WEEK 1 QUOTE: "What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape, or form - is that men and women can't be friends, because the sex part always gets in the way."
A random winner will be selected from all correct entries each week and announced on the day when the next quote is posted. After the final week, I'll draw a random winner from all correct entries from all 3 weeks for a Final Grand Prize. That means if you enter each week for all 3 weeks of the contest (and you guess the correct movie each week), you'll have 3 entries in the Final Grand Prize drawing.Each weekly winner will receive a posh pen and a thong bookmark. One Grand Prize winner will receive a gift box with (among other things) an Isabo Kelly e-book of your choice, or a coupon for a free Isabo Kelly e-book of any upcoming release--including The Heron's Call and SUM3 when they're released (coupon good for 1 book only; no expiration date). Please read the Official Rules below.
Good luck and have fun!
1. An individual may only enter once per week.
2. An individual may enter once each week for the 3 weeks the contest runs (for a total of 3 entries).
3. Each entry must contain the Movie Title for that week. Once a new quote is posted, entries from the previous week's quote will not be accepted.
4. One winner from all correct entries will be drawn at random each week.
5. Weekly winners will receive a posh pen and a thong bookmark.
6. After the final week, all correct entries from all 3 weeks will be put into a Grand Prize drawing where one winner will be selected at random. If an individual enters and guesses the Movie Title correctly each week, that individual will have 3 entries placed into the Final Grand Prize drawing.
7. The Grand Prize will be a prize box containing the following (subject to availability): a pen box and colored pen of your choice, chocolate, scented candle, playing cards (with EC and CP book covers on the faces), a canvas bag, a hand crafted necklace, and a free Isabo Kelly e-book of choice or a coupon for 1 free Isabo Kelly e-book of a future release (good for 1 book only; no expiration date).
8. Isabo Kelly reserves the right to alter the contents of the Final Grand Prize should any of the above items become unavailable. Final content will be announced with the announcement of the winner.